Troubleshooting & FAQ
Common Resolution Steps
Sign Out and In
You may Sign Out by navigating to the More tab and tapping Sign Out, then signing back in. If you have multiple Airpay POS businesses set up then you will be prompted which business you want to operate as.
Bring up the Android or iOS task switcher and swipe the Airpay POS app away, then try running Airpay POS again.
- Navigate to the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) and find the Airpay POS app via your installed apps or search.
- Tap Uninstall to uninstall Airpay POS app.
- Once Airpay POS app is uninstalled, tap Install to install it again.
Restart the Card Reader
If you have an MT330 card reader then:
- If the device is asleep then tap power to wake it
- Wait a few seconds then tap power again
- When the device displays Entering Sleep press Enter to power off.
- Hold the power button for a few seconds to power back on.
If you have an AP3 contactless-only reader then:
- Hold power for a few seconds, you should hear it make a downward tone and the device will display Off.
- Hold the power button for a few seconds to power it back on.
Note: Both devices can be forcibly powered off by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. The AP3 will not display Off if powered off this way.
Wireless Card Readers
How do I pair my card reader?
First make sure the payment terminal is turned on by pressing the power button.
You should be able to see the Choose Card Reader card on the Dashboard. Select this and Airpay POS should list the available card readers. Simply select the desired card reader from the list.
For more information please see the readers page.
How do I access the Tools menu?
Navigate to More > Card Payments and select Tools Menu. The Tools menu has advanced bank operations such as Logon, Totals, pairing settings, and access to updates and diagnostics.
How do I update my card reader?
When an update is available the card reader card on the Dashboard will inform you that an update is available. Simply tap Update to update your card reader.
You can also check for updates by navigating to More > Card Payments and selecting Tools Menu. Next select Update PINpad, and then Check for updates. If any updates are available they will be downloaded now.
Note: Some updates can take several minutes to run so we recommend that updates are applied when there is sufficient time to do so. Please also ensure that your card reader is connected to power while updating.
I can't pair my card reader
First consult How do I pair my card reader?. If you continue to have problems, then you may wish to run through the following steps.
- Is there a Choose Card Reader card on the Dashboard? If not then you may:
- Does the choose card reader card on the dashboard say Preparing card payments?
- Can you see any terminals on the pairing screen?
If not then you may:
- Restart the Card Reader.
- Try exiting the pairing screen and selecting Choose Card Reader again.
- Ensure the card reader is not connected via the System Settings (like you would a pair of headphones). The card reader should only be connected via the Airpay POS app directly.
- Try restarting your phone or tablet.
- Is there an error when connecting to the card reader?
- Connection issues are often intermittent, trying to connect again will often resolve the problem.
- Restart the Card Reader.
Does my device support Airpay TAP contactless payments?
Airpay TAP is available on compatible Android devices from popular manufacturers including Samsung, Google, Oppo, and others.
For a full list of supported devices and minimum requirements, please view the Device compatibility page.
Airpay TAP is returning an error?
If Airpay TAP returns an error when trying to enable payments, then you may try the following:
- Try any actions suggested in the error message you received
- Try to Restart Airpay POS
- Please contact our support team and let us know the error code you're receiving , as well as any other important details, so that we can help you out.
Using the App
Airpay POS app prompts me to sign up for card payments
If Airpay POS app prompts you to sign up for card payments unexpectedly, then you may have logged into the wrong account.
Don't have an account?
To sign up for Airpay POS, please contact our sales team.
I've forgotten my password
On the Sign In screen choose Forgot password?, enter your email address and tap Send. You will receive an email with instructions for resetting your password.
I've forgotten my email address
Please contact us and we can help you with this.
How do I use accessibility services when taking card payments?
To ensure the security of your customers' card details and PIN, Airpay TAP requires that any accessibility services are disabled during PIN entry.
If you use any accessibility services (such as a screen reader, or a password manager), then we recommend using Android's Accessibility Shortcut feature which you can use to quickly turn accessibility on and off as needed. You can use this feature to quickly disable accessibility when PIN entry is required, and re-enable it afterwards.
Please see the in-app training, which can be accessed from More > Help Center > Airpay TAP Training, for more information.
You can read more about this feature at Google's Android Accessilbility Help - Use accessibility shortcuts website. Note that the process to enable accessibility shortcuts may differ between devices.
How do I enable or disable Airpay POS app features?
You can enable or disable Airpay POS app features (such as refunds) using the Airpay POS Portal.
- Navigate to the portal at https://portal.airpaypos.com, then navigate to Roles & Permissions;
- Select Edit under Global Business Features.
- To disable a feature, find the feature you'd like to disable (such as Refunds) and select the ✘ (cross) to disable it.
- To re-enable a feature, select the ✔ (tick) to enable it.
Following the above steps allows you to enable or disable a feature for your entire business. To just disable a feature for certain user types (Operators or Managers), you can do that from the same page by selecting Edit under the user type you'd like to change.
How do I do a refund?
You can create a new refund by navigating to the paid tab > tapping refunds > and by pressing the refund button (return arrow icon). This button is on the top right on iOS and bottom right on Android.
You can also create a refund from a paid invoice or sale by clicking the overflow button in the bottom right corner and selecting Refund.
How do I delete an invoice?
To delete a draft invoice:
- Tap on the draft you would like to delete;
- Tap the overflow menu button (arrow icon) in the bottom right corner
- Select Delete.
Invoices can only be deleted while in draft state, and only if they have no failed payments against them. If an invoice has a failed payment you may wish to void it.
To void an invoice: 1. Tap the overflow button in the bottom right corner; 1. Select Void.
Invoices with a successful payment against them cannot be deleted or voided. Instead you should cash them out by selecting cash for the remaining payment, and then refunding the customer any remaining money they are owed.
How do I find an incomplete register sale?
Go to Paid tab and select the Incomplete filter option located below the search bar - all partially-paid sales in Retail mode will be displayed here.
Note: If you are in Hybrid mode then incomplete sales will end up in the Invoices tab.
How do I clear a register sale?
You can clear the Register basket via either one of the following methods:
- Tap the price display on the Register at the top of the screen to bring up the register detail page, then tap the delete button on the top right corner.
- Make sure the Register tab is selected and tap the Register tab again.
When will my funds settle to my account?
Your funds should be settled daily and you should see your funds within the next business day.
Any Other Issues
For any other issues, please contact us and we can help you out any way we can!